Sweet & Spicy Salmon
One of my favourite recipes for Salmon. The sauce I created is amazingly flavourful, and does not overpower the taste of salmon. This easy and simple recipe has got you covered when you are in a rush!
preparation time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Spice Level: Medium Serves: 2
- 2 Salmon Fillet (boneless)
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic (large, peeled and minced)
- 3 tbsp Siracha Sauce / Hot Sauce
- 1½ tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1½ tbsp Honey (liquid for best result)
- 1/3 cup Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp black Sesame seeds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200C on conventional heating. Cut out two pieces of aluminium foil and shape/fold into boats (see video below). Place the 2 salmon fillets in each aluminium boats and place into a baking tray.
2. On medium heat using a non-stick frying pan heat up 1½ tbsp sesame oil, once hot add in the 2 minced garlic cloves, and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Finally add in your sauces: 3 tbsp Siracha Sauce / Hot Sauce, 1½ tbsp Soy Sauce and 1½ tbsp Honey and allow it to sizzle/bubble for 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens.
4. Allow the sauce to cool slightly and evenly pour the sauce on top of the salmon fillet. Then garnish both the fillets with coriander leaves, and lightly close the aluminium foil from the top and place in the oven on the middle shelf for 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes, take out the baking tray and open the aluminium foil with the salmon fillets. Turn up the oven heat to 250C and place in the oven on middle shelf for another 5-10 minutes.
6. Serve hot, with rice or salad and enjoy the Sweet and Spicy Salmon