Vegan Vegetable Toasties
These Vegan Vegetable Toasties are actually my favourite and I had to share this with you. Easy and simple recipe and full of flavours.
Preparation time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4-6
Spicy Level: Medium | Vegan/Gluten Free | Airplane (Crew) Friendly
- 3 medium Potatoes (peeled and chopped in small squares)
- 1 large carrot (peeled and chopped in small squares)
- 1 red Paprika (chopped in small squares)
- 140gr Sweetcorn (tinned)
- 1½ cup Green Peas (Frozen)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 whole Cinnamon stick
- 4 whole Cloves
- 4 whole Black Peppercorn
- ½ tsp black Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp whole Cumin seeds
- 1 medium Chilli or ½ tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1½ tsp Coriander powder
- 1½ tsp Cumin Powder
- 1½ tsp Salt
- ½ fresh Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 cup onion (optional)
- 1 cup fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- Sandwich bread Slices (white/brown or Gluten Free bread)
1. On medium heat, add 2 tbsp Oil in a large non-stick pot. Add 1 whole cinnamon stick, 4 whole Cloves, 4 whole Black Peppercorn and ½ tsp black Mustard seeds, let this cook for 3-5 minutes until the mustard seeds start popping then add 1 tsp whole Cumin seeds and let this cook for a minute.
2. Add the veggies and mix this through so that all the spices and vegetables are combined.
3. Then add 1 medium Chilli or ½ tsp Chilli Powder, 2 tbsp Ginger, 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder, 1½ tsp Coriander powder, 1½ tsp Cumin Powder, 1 tsp Salt, ½ fresh Lemon juice and 1/4 tsp Garam Masala. And mix this so that all the spices are evenly combined.
4. Place the lid of the pot and cook for 20 minutes on medium heat (after 10 minutes just mix the spiced vegetables again so it does not stick at the bottom and burn)
5. Once the vegetable mix is done and the vegetables are cooked through, gently mix in the fresh coriander and onions if used.
6. Use a toastie maker to create your vegetable toasties by placing the vegetable mix in the middle of the bread slices
7. Enjoy hot with dip or chutney of your choice.