Vegan Alfredo Spaghetti
I love experimenting on food and never realised how fun it is to actually cook vegan and how much flavours you can add to it, without even realising it is dairy and meat free! This delicious Alfredo sauce is very simple and the family will love it just as much!
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Serves: 4
Airplane (Crew) Friendly | Vegan/Gluten Free
- Broccoli: Small – medium head (Chopped in small pieces)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Onions (Finely chopped)
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves or 5 small – medium Garlic Cloves (Finely sliced)
- 1 Red Chilli (to taste)
- ½ cup Fresh Parsley + extra for garnishing (Finely sliced)
- 1½ tbsp Plain Flour (or GF Flour)
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 1 cube Vegetable Stock + 150ml boiling water
- ½ tsp Nutmeg powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 400g Cooked Spaghetti (Gluten Free spaghetti)
1. Preheat oven to 180C on Fan/or Grill, and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place your chopped broccoli pieces on the baking paper and evenly sprinkle 2 tbsp Olive oil on the broccoli and add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp Black Pepper and place in the oven (middle shelf) for about 20 minutes (or until you have a crisp/crunchy broccoli head).
3. Once cooked keep aside (and warm).
For the Alfredo Sauce:
1. In a medium non stick pot, heat on medium temperature the rest of the Olive Oil (3 tbsp), and add the chopped onions (2 medium onions), sliced garlic cloves (3 large or 5 small – medium garlic cloves), 1 finely sliced red chilli, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper. Sautee for 5 minutes until the onions and garlic brown slightly. Then add the Parsley and mix this in and cook for another 2 minutes.
2. Mix in the 1½ tbsp (GF) Flour, using a whisk until the mixture is golden-brown. Then add the 400ml Coconut Milk, 1 cube Vegetable stock + 150ml boiling water and simmer until the sauce thickens.
3. Add in the last bit of seasoning: ½ tsp nutmeg, ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp back pepper and mix this in. Then add the broccoli and combine this in the sauce.
4. Finally mix in the 400g cooked spaghetti and garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy whilst it is still hot.