Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookie
Fancy a quick Dessert? Or even something sweet? Then this Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookie, is the perfect treat to indulge. The warm taste of melted chocolate and the cookie dough texture, is so satisfying with every bite you take.
Preparation time: 15 minutes | cook time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4-6
- 113g Unsalted Butter
- 100g Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 5g Vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- 190g Plain Flour
- 4½g Baking Soda / Bicarbonate Soda (3/4 tsp)
- 3g Salt (½ tsp)
- 100gr Chocolate Chips/Chunks
- 50gr Dark Chocolate (chopped) – Optional
Note: Depending on your oven type you may need shorter bake time or longer bake time and lower or higher heat.
If you have a new oven then oven temperature should be on 180C – Fan and bake for 15-20 minutes. However if your oven is an older type, then oven temperature should be between 180C-200C – Fan and bake for 20-30 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 180C (read note) and line a 23-25 cm (9-10 inch) round baking tray with baking paper.
2. Using a non-stick frying pan, heat 113gr Unsalted Butter, on low-medium heat and add 100gr brown sugar. Keep stirring the melted butter and sugar for about 5 minutes.
3. Once all melted, allow the butter and sugar mixture to cool slightly (cool enough that the egg does not cook in the heat). Once cool, add the egg and vanilla extract and stir in.
4. Then fold in the dry ingredients: 190gr plain flour, 4½ gr (3/4 tsp) baking soda, 3gr (½ tsp) salt.
5. Finally add your 100gr chocolate chips/chunks and 50gr dark chocolate pieces and mix this until combined.
6. Transfer the cookie dough batter into the round baking tray, place in the middle part of the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Enjoy warm, with ice cream or whipped cream.