Vegetable Hakka Noodles
This is definitely a must try! It’s so tasty and part of the Indo-Chinese cuisine!
Preparation time: 20 minutes | Cook time 25 minutes | Serves: 2
Spice level: medium | Airplane (crew) friendly
- 125-150gr Chow Mein Noodles
- 120 gr cabbage (shredded cut)
- ½ red pepper (finely sliced)
- 1 large carrot (finely sliced)
- 1 small-medium yellow onion (finely sliced)
- ½ cup spring onions (finely chopped)
- 2 large garlic cloves (crushed/or paste
- 2 tbsp ginger (paste)
- 1 green/red chilli (finely sliced) – (to your taste)
- 3 tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 tsp Siracha sauce (to taste)
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- salt (to taste)
1. Chop your vegetables and keep aside.
2. Half cook the noodles and drain, then wash your noodles under cold water (so that the noodles don’t stick) add 2 tsp sesame oil and mix through and keep aside.
3. In a large non stick wok/pot, heat up 1 tbsp sunflower oil and 1 tbsp sesame oil on medium heat. Once oil is warm enough add the sliced yellow onion, ½ cup spring onions and sauté for 3 minutes.
4. Add the garlic, ginger and half of the chopped green/red chillies and cook for 4 minutes, occasionally stirring.
5. Add the vegetables: Sliced cabbage, carrots and pepper, mix this this. Make sure the vegetables remain it’s crunchy texture
6. Lower the heat down, and add 3 tbsp Soya sauce, 2 tsp Siracha sauce, 1 tsp rice vinegar, 1/4 tsp black pepper, salt to taste. Mix this all through
7. Using a pair of tongs, slowly mix in the cooked noodles from earlier on and add the other half of the sliced chillies.
8. Finally add 2 tsp sesame oil and mix this through and serve hot and garnish with the rest of the spring Onions that was kept aside.