Vegan French Toast
I’m not Vegan, but I’m always open to try and taste new things. My mom is (kind of) vegan but eats and drinks dairy, therefore I like to experiment Vegan for her. This Vegan French Toast is seriously a delicious recipe to try for breakfast!
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 25 minutes | Serves: 2
Vegan French toast:
- 1 tbsp almond flour (or finely grounded almond)
- 1 tbsp gram flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp all spice powder
- 100 ml rice milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 4 slices of bread (any bread of your choice)
- Coconut oil
- Icing sugar
- 1 tbsp honey/golden syrup
- ½ cup blueberries
For the blueberry sauce:
1. In a small – medium saucepan slowly heat up 1 tbsp honey/golden syrup and blueberries until the blueberries start to release its juices and the blueberry sauce thickens slightly.
2. Once sauce thickens, turn the heat completely down, and set a side.
For the French toast:
1. In a non stick frying pan heat up ½ – 1 tbsp coconut oil on medium heat
2. In a shallow bowl whisk together 1 tbsp almond flour (or finely grounded almonds), 1 tbsp gram flour, 1 tsp cinnamon powder , ½ tsp all spice powder, 100 ml rice milk, ½ tsp vanilla extract and ½ tbsp brown sugar. Until you have a lump free mixture.
3. Take one bread slice at a time and dip the slice on both sides into the mixture. Fry on both sides until you have a golden-brown crispy colour toast.
(Drain off any excess oil from the toast by placing it on a plate with kitchen paper tissue. To keep your French toast warm you can place it in a warm oven)
4. Repeat with the rest of bread slices.
5. Serve the Vegan French Toast, with the blueberry sauce and sprinkle lightly with Icing Sugar.