Cashew Pulao Rice
I love pulao rice, and especially when it’s so tasty and has crunchiness of cashews. You can enjoy this rice with any curry you make. Once you give this a try, you will be cooking it again!
Preperation time: 15 min | Cook time: 20 min | Serves 2-3
Spice level: Mild | Vegan | Airplane (Crew) Friendly
- 1 ½ cup basmati rice (cooked)
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- 1 small while cinnamon stick
- 3 whole Cardamom pods
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp saffron strands
- 1 medium red onion
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ cup whole cashew pieces
1. In a non stick pot, on medium heat, put 2 tbsp sunflower oil. Add 2 whole bay leaves, 5 whole black peppercorns, 1 small cinnamon stick, 3 whole Cardamom pods and 3 whole cloves. Allow it sauté for 3 minutes and mix through.
2. Add the 1 tsp cumin and 1 finely sliced red onion, and sauté this for 2 minutes, and add the ½ cup whole cashew pieces and cook until cashews are brown (5-8 minutes)
3. Once the cashews have browned add the ½ tsp garlic and ginger paste and and 3 tbsp freshly chopped coriander (including stem) stir it in.
4. Add the cooked rice and stir in, and finally add the 1 tsp saffron strands for a natural colour. Mix this all in and serve hot.
One thought on “Cashew Pulao Rice”