Potato Hash Brown
Potato Hash browns, are seriously my favourite things for breakfast. So of course I have to share my recipe with you! And anyways who does not like potato hash browns? Not sure what to make for breakfast along side your egg? This is so tasty with egg!
Preparation: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Serves: 2 | Vegan
- 1 medium sized potato (shredded)
- ½ yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium egg
- 1/4 salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- ½ cup oil (for frying)
1. Shred the potato, and use a cheesecloth to drain the water from the potato until the potato is dry and there is no trace of water.
2.In a medium bowl combine and mix the shredded potato, finely chopped onion, egg, salt and pepper.
3. In a non stick frying pan, on medium heat a little oil. Once oil is hot, out the potato mixture in the pan, the thickness should be about ½ inch. If you are making small sized hash browns you can place some more mixture to cook in the pan.
4. Cook until the bottom part of the mixture is golden-brown and flip over and cook the opposite side until golden-brown. Both sides should cook for about 4-5 minutes (if you want it crispier you can cook for a few minutes longer)
5. Once done drain the hash browns on paper towel and serve immediately and enjoy with fried egg, omelette or egg Benedict.