Who does not love Chips (French fries)? Are you craving something spicy? Then this is the one for you! I eat this as a snack when I fancy something spicy! You’ll be addicted to chilli fries when you try this!
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Serves: 2-4
Spice level: Hot | Vegan
- 450 gr cooked potato fries
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- ½ cup spring onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 medium green chilli (chopped in half)
- 2 tbsp Maggi Hot & Sweet sauce/ or any hot and sweet sauce (to your taste)
- 1 tsp Chilli Sauce (to your taste)
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp Soya Sauce
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tbsp cornflour + 2 tbsp water
For the Fries:
It is fine to use frozen fries, but you can also make fresh fries. Just ensure the fries are crispy and hot so that you can serve them straight after your sauce has been made.
For the Chilli Sauce:
1. In a medium size non-stick pot, heat on medium heat 1 tbsp sunflower oil, once its heated add your ½ cup spring onions but keeping 1 tbsp spring onions aside, 1 tsp garlic and 1 tsp ginger and 1 medium green chilli. Mix this through and allow it to infuse its flavours.
2. Add your 2 tbsp Hot & Sweet sauce, 1 tsp chilli Sauce, 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup, 3 tbsp Soya Sauce, ¼ tsp black pepper and ¼ tsp Salt. Mix this all in and keep stirring until it sizzles. (taste the sauce, as you may need to add more ketchup if its to spicy, or if it is not spicy enough then add more chilli sauce)
3. Once the sauce is all combined, mix ½ tbsp cornflour + 2 tbsp water in a small bowl, and mix this thoroughly so that the mixture is smooth and no lumps. Add this into your sauce, for a thicker texture and mix it until the sauce becomes thicker. And keep aside
4. Place your cooked fries in a large bowl, and pour in the sauce, slowly mix the sauce through so that the fries are nicely covered with your chilli sauce.
5. Garnish with the 1 tbsp Spring onions and serve immediately.
Fancy a similar appetiser or snack? Head over to my delicious Honey Glazed Baked Cauliflower.