Together with chapatti this is the perfect combination! So simple to cook, when you are short on time.
Preperation time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Serves: 2-3
Vegan | Airplane (Crew) Friendly
- 600g potato (fries cut)
- 2½ tbs oil-2-3 whole peppercorns
- 1 small dry chilli
- ½ tbs whole cumin seeds
- 3-6 fresh curry leaves (optional)
- 2 tbs fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp fresh chillies
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp salt-1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ fresh lemon juice
1. In a non-stick wok with a lid/top (or any non-stick pot) heat up 2½ tbs oil on medium temperature. Add 2-3 whole peppercorns, 1 small dry chilli and ½ tbs whole cumin seeds. Allow this to cook for 5 minutes (the spices should start to sizzle)
2. Once it starts to sizzle add your fresh curry leaves (if using) and 600gr fries cut potatoes, here you can also add your 2 tbs fresh ginger and ¼ tsp fresh chillies and mix it through.
3. Once it is all thoroughly mixed in, add your ¼ Turmeric powder, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp coriander powder. Mix it all in. Place the lid/top and let it cook for 15 minutes (at this point it should be half cooked)
4. After the 15 minutes, check whether it is half cooked, if it is add 1 tsp sugar and ½ fresh lemon juice and gently mix it through, so that you keep the shape of your potatoes.
5. Let it cook for another 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are soft and ready to eat.-Serve and enjoy immediately.