Indian Masala Omelette
I have to admit, I probably make this once every week!! This is the tastiest omelette ever! Once you try it yourself, I’m sure you will say the same.
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Serves: 2
Spice level: Medium
- 4 eggs-1 tbs sunflower oil (for 28cm cooking / frying pan non stick)
- 1 Spring onion finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped baby spinach
- ½ cup Green pepper
- 1 Green chilli (optional)
- ½ cup chopped Coriander
- ½ tsp Salt-1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- ¼ tsp Chili powder (to your taste)
- 2 tbs Milk
1. Beat the eggs well, and add your spices: ½ tsp Salt, 1 tsp Cumin powder, 1 tsp Coriander powder, ¼ tsp Chili powder and 2 tbs Milk and mix it thoroughly so that the spices and milk are combined in well.
2. Heat the oil in your non-stick pan on medium heat. Once it heated add half of your fresh vegetables apart from the baby spinach (or vegetables of your choice) and allow it to sautée for 3 minutes, add half of your spinach and cook until the spinach wilt slightly.
3. Pour in half of the spiced egg mixture, and even the mixture out by tilting your frying pan. Cover your pan and allow this to cook until the top has set.
4. Once the top part has set flip it over with a spatula and let it cook for another 3-4 minutes. You can fold your cooked omelette in half and slide on to a plate and serve immediately.
Want something extra with your Indian Masala Omelette? Head over to know how I make Potato Hash Browns.