Breakfast Egg Wrap
Waking up late? The perfect brunch I would say is right here. You can enjoy it hot or even cold! And the best thing about this!? You can take it to work or even on the plane if you’re flying regularly like me!
Preperation time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Serves: 2
Airplane (Crew) Friendly
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tsp fresh/or dry garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh/or dry parsley
- ½ tsp sea salt (or any cooking salt)
- 1½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 medium onion (finely sliced)
- 1 medium capsicum/paprika (finely sliced/diced)
- 1½ cup mushrooms (finely sliced)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (or any cheese you prefer) optional
- 3 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste (head over to my Spicy Sun-dried Tomato Paste)
- 2 tortilla wraps
- Sunflower oil (for frying)
1. Crack the eggs into a medium sized bowl, then add the 1 tsp fresh/or dry garlic, 1 tbsp fresh/or dry parsley, ½ tsp sea salt, 1½ tsp black pepper and 2 tbsp milk and mix well until everything is combined.
2. Chop up all your vegetables (you can use any vegetables you prefer in this recipe) and place the vegetables in separate bowls, ready to use for your omelette part of the roll.
3. In a medium non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, and drizzle in 2-3 tsp of sunflower oil.
4. Pour enough egg mix so that your frying pan is covered evenly, at this point your egg mixture should sizzle if not then slightly turn up the heat.
5. Place some of the sliced veg on to the raw side of the egg mix, while the bottom part is still cooking
6. Take 1 tortilla wrap and spread one side with your desired tomato paste (check this link for my favorite sundried tomato spread). Straight away place the tomato paste downwards on to the egg (so that the non tomato paste side is facing you/up). Press firmly so that the tortilla wrap sticks to the uncooked egg. Whilst this is cooking you can spread some more tortilla wraps with the tomato paste.
7. Flip over and cook the tortilla on the other side for a few minutes.
8. Place your Tortilla Egg onto a plate and roll, to create the wrap and slice in half. Enjoy warm or save it for later and enjoy it cold.
One thought on “Breakfast Egg Wrap”