Shrimp and Mushroom Risotto
Quick and easy recipe especially if you have any mushrooms left over and not sure what to cook, then this is the recipe for you!
Preparation time: 15 | minutes Cook time: 25 minutes | Serves: 2
Spice level: Mild
- 1 Cup Arborio (Risotto) rice
- 1 Medium chopped onion
- 2 pieces of garlic finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Cups chopped brown mushrooms
- 1 cup dried mushrooms (any kind)
- 1 Medium sized red chilli diagonally chopped(mild-medium spicy)
- 225gr Frozen and peeled prawns
- 1 Cube Vegetable stock
- 450ml Boiled water
- ½ Cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Truffle oil / chilli oil / black pepper (optional garnishing)
1. In a non stick pot or any pot you enjoy to cook in, on medium heat, heat up 2 Tbsp extra virgin oil.
2. Once warm add the chopped onions and sauté until soft and brown. Add the garlic and sliced Chilis until flavour absorbed1.Add the rice and mix in with the onion, garlic and chilli until rice becomes transparent and soft
2. Add the prawns and mix it all in, so that it has absorbed the flavours in the pot. Then add ½ cup of dry white wine, once it stops sizzling, then and add 450 ml boiled water and cube of vegetable stock and mix in. Place lid on top and allow it cook.
3. Once rice is half way cooked add the chopped mushrooms. (If needed, add extra boiled water add as much you require, try not to add to much as you don’t want the rice to overcook). And place the lid back on. After 5 minutes add the dried mushrooms and allow it to cook for another 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is cooked through.
4. Lower the heat and add the 1 tbsp butter and mix through until a creamy light sauce forms, finally add the 1/3 Parmesan cheese and mix it through.
Serve immediately with a light garnish of truffle oil / chilli oil /black pepper or even more parmesan cheese